From:
Wendy Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 1994 10:13:45 -0500
I know I'm a few weeks behind posting this, but I get behind in my mail.  I
can't remember who keeps the info on FFZ's, but they posted some info on the
Hennepin County Humane Society in MN that struck me as wrong (they're my biggest
charity and I didn't want my money going to bad folks). So I called. Here's the
scoop: They can't take ferrets to adopt because of the impression (in some cases
law) that ferrets are wild animals. They'd open themselves up to all kinds of
legal trouble. Policy is to refer the person to the local ferret group. If the
person insists on surrendering the ook, he IS euthanized :(.

The statement that the AHS considers 7 dog breeds unadoptable is patently false.
The one breed they won't adopt out is pit bulls, because they go for dog
fighting (two rings were broken up by the AHS this past year alone). Mike
Petersdorf says you can often find Dobies and Danes there if that's what you're
looking for.

I assume that they'll also adopt out ferrets when they are recognized for the
terrific pets they are. In the mean time, they're doing everything they can, and
don't deserve to be libeled on the 'net. If you run a shelter in MN, I'd suggest
giving them your number.

Wendy

Wendy Hudson  [log in to unmask]
The clan: Lloyd (husband)