From:
Arnold Cochran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 16:38:40 -0400
Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago, my daughter brought home a year old ferret that
someone had returned to the Petland store that she worked in Huntington,
WV.  Their kids would not take care of it after owning it for about 6
months.

I have always wanted a ferret, and it has been a blast taking care of him
and loving him.  They sure get to you in a hurry!

My name is Arnold, and I live in the northern panhandle of West Virginia.
I subscribed to this list 3 days ago.  I thought that I was a big tough
guy, but the stories about people losing their ferrets has made it hard
to see the monitor through my misty eyes.

My reason for writing is, what do I need to do to provide Mr. Stinky with
the best possible life I can offer?  There is limited food and supplies
in my area.  What would be a good ferret food to buy mail order and which
internet site offers the best products for ferrets?

Also, what shots would he need, and would a vet in my area be
knowledgeable about my ferret's needs?  He has 1 blue dot in his right
ear, I have read where Marshall ferrets have 2 blue dots.  What does
just the one dot signify?

Thanks in advance, and I eagerly look forward to the ferret digest in my
inbox each morning.  It is fun learning more about him and ferrets in
general.