From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:57:58 -0500
Sorry I don't follow the FML daily, but is anyone aware of this
situation involving over 20,000 exotic animals (including ferrets) and
the news that the animals have been ordered NOT to be return to US
Global Exotics? (KUDO's to Judge Smith, the City of Arlington, Tx, and
SPCA of Texas and everyone involved!).

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2010/01/us_global_exotics.php

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2010/01/us-global-exotics.html
(dated 1/5/2010)

<http://www.spca.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=27387&news_iv_ctrl=1481>
(dated 1/6/2010)

PETA is NOT my favorite group, but kudo's to their involvement in
shutting this hell-hole down.

If this has already been discussed and information on where/what help
may be needed, please clue me in. I can't imagine the expense involved
in taking on something like this....

If not, are there any Texas groups with further information? If FACT
can help in any way, please give me a heads up privately.

I am particularly concerned with the statement that none of the animals
will be available for adoption. Understandably the vast number of these
animals are wild animals. But what about the ferrets, or were they .....

Ann Gruden
Ferret Association of CT