From:
Elizabeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:33:11 -0800
Hi all.  Been away for a while but have begun reading the FML again.  I
find I enjoy it as much as ever.  My attention was especially piqued by
the reference to the Temple Grandin book on animals.

Most of the FML'ers may not know it, but Temple has a doctorate and was
severely autistic as a child.  She is still autistic (autism does not go
away) and yet is doing amazingly well.  I have not read this particular
book by her but have heard her and/or her mother speak at conferences on
autism.

Autism is another of my special interests since I have an autistic son
and am often amazed at how much my animals seem to realize about him.  My
Bengal cat will allow my son to hold and squeeze and kiss him when this
cat will leave claw marks on anyone else that tries to restrain him (just
ask my vet! LOL!)  Our ferts allow him to drape them across the back of
his neck or over his head like a hat and they stay there while he walks
around (Don't worry, he hasn't dropped them ever).  Usually these little
wiggle-worms tolerate only a short snuggle with anyone else before they
are wiggling to get down and get into mischief.

Well, I know everyone on this list realizes how special animals and
especially ferts are.  I just wanted to share my connection with you all
and let you know that Temple is an amazing young lady who has come very
far and done a lot for animals.  It's nice to be back!

crazyaboutfuzzies ^..^
                  =.=