From:
Mary Segalla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:20:48 EST
Mongoose are in Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands. When we were
visiting our son who is stationed at Pearl Harbor, we went on a Dole
Plantation tour and saw mongoose mama's and their young everywhere.
They are adorable, and do look very much like a ferret. They were
shipped there to get rid of the snake population, which they did.
According to our son, there are no snakes in Hawaii anymore due to
the mongoose. The Virgin Islands have the identical situation.

My mother used to frequent the Virgin Islands and would see mongoose
all the time. She gave me a gold pin of one. I love it and everyone
always thinks it is a ferret. I wonder if they make good pets?

Mary in Virginia
Happily owned by BEAR, Fox, Scarlet and Benny
Greatly Missing Bianka the White, 9-7-02 - 2-27-09
A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals. Proverbs 12:10