From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:40:03 -0700
There have been many miracle workers on the FML...

Some have passed away now.  Some have gone off list as their lives
changed.  Years have passed since I first found this site.

I have NO idea how someone keeps this going every day like Bill does.
I have no idea how Sukie can be so brilliant, or tireless in her support
of ferret issues and ferret health.  I have no idea how SOS can deal
with so many shelters all in need..What to do first.  Who gets what.
The constant emails of people who wish to help or have a question.

I look at the long list of people who have donated just to the FML
5000, and I kNOW that many others donated to shelters directly, or to
individuals in need who wrote pleading for help on the FML, or to the
buck a month club.I wonder if there is a site that does as much as this
anywhere.

I have learned so much on this site, and met some sincerely devoted
ferret lovers.  During Katrina, I felt compelled to donate to a number
of organizations.  But I knew that only a few would give towards the
rescue and care of any ferrets that might make it through the heat and
lack of food and water...

The response of the FML to crisis over the years of that stinky weasely
expensive precious animal we all love is beyond belief.  I am in awe of
all of you.  That so much was made in time for the 5000th issue is mind
blowind...and humbling.

If I May, I would also like to give thanks to someone we know as Kat,
who has given so much of her talent, time, and concern for all of us on
this list.

I have lost count of the number of ferrets she has taken in from shelters
that had no more room.  I have lost count of the number of afghans she
has spent days making to make money for shelters.  I have lost count of
the number of ebays she has put up to help shelters with much needed
moneys.  And how many online sites has she helped put together?

Kat is so like an angel to me.  Yes, I know she is an imperfect human
being.  But I do not know anyone as sweet and unselfish and pure of
heart as this lady.

I just wanted to take a moment to give thanks to one of the modest
miracle workers here for all she has done for ferrets on the FML for
so many years as we honor Bill and the life saving site he somehow
holds together for all of us.

Meanwhile, I eager;y await the FML in anticipation of another update of
the ferrets rescued thus far.