From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 1997 08:20:45 -0400
>From:    John McBride <[log in to unmask]>
>...any1 knows the laws in Florida?

Florida is a euthanize and test state as recommended by the public health
department.  This probably isn't helped by a confirmed case of rabies in a
ferret in Brevard county last year.  The ferret had bitten it's owner a few
days prior to being found in pretty bad shape in their driveway and also the
housekeeper.  Seems this ferret was allowed free roam of their ranch.  Don't
ask me how they managed that trick without losing him, but that's the way I
understand it.

You might luck out and find a public official that is not aware of this and
allow your ferret to live should he/she bite, but I doubt it.

[P.S.] Just in case anyone reads that wrong... The housekeeper wasn't found
in bad shape in the driveway.  :) She found him in the driveway and was
bitten.