Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 15:19:05 -0500
Hi I am new to the list.  I need some help on introducing a new ferret to my
group.  I have a 1 year old male and a 4 year old female.  I just adopted a
new 3.5->4 year old male from a shelter and I need help introducing him.  I
have him in a separate cage that is in view of the other one.  I let them
out to run a different times so they can get used to each others scent.  I
had my male and female out and I let the new male out.  The two males ran up
to each other and touched noses.  Then my new guy jumped my 1 year old and
proceded to jerk him around.  There was a lot of screaming and I got them
separated and my 1 year old now has a notch out of both ears.  The new male
is very gentle with me, why did me attack my 1 year old?  Both males are
fixed.

Thanks for any help.
-David