From:
Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 07:55:27 -0700
I apologize for posting about this again, but Linus' real vet called
last night and left a message (I was not home) to the effect Linus' blood
work is so confusing, he can't interpret it.  This message was filtered
through my husband, who doesn't talk to Linus' vet a whole lot, but
the vet says he has to consult with some pathologists to get a better
understanding of Linus' blood work.  he says he's never seen anything
like this.  It could be suggestive of cancer; but, then again, maybe not.
He had a terribly diseased-looking and acting liver, now it's normal.
Ugh.  This is a vet who has been at the fore-front of ferret medicine
here in Oregon, he is one of the best around here.  What could Linus
possibly gain by confusing him???!!!

Anyway, Linus is still not eating on his own.  He turns his head away.
He is obviously trying to tell us something.  I don't feel comfortable
giving up now, with his blood work being so up in the air.  He hasn't
improved after antibiotics and two weeks of hand-feeding though.

Minta & Linus, tired after 3 1/2 years of IBD, hepatitis, and 6 months of
some-sort of insulinoma, anemia, who knows what "tired blood" mystery
ailment.