From:
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 18:04:40 EDT
Well it has been quite a week here at the shelter!

Monday started with a woman that was homeless in downtown Las Vegas, with
3 ferrets.  We have taken in the ferret indefinatly, 3 elderly little
girls, and then a call from a woman that could no longer keep her 2
ferrets, so Ed and Sandy picked up the pair for me.  5 in one day.  That
night I got an e mail from some unknown person that informed me there was
a ferret at the dog pound that was to be put down on Tuesday.  So Tuesday
morning I frantically made phone calls to find out if she was still
there, and she was, so Dave and Cindy to the rescue and got her out in
the nick of time, hence her name, NOT, also she was matted so I call her
Not Not.  At the same time they picked up a big sable male that wandered
into a local vet clinic, and Diesel came to us also.  And then while I
was at work a call from a local Petco, a worker went outside for a smoke
break to find 2 ferrets taped up in a box, in the sun at 90 degree
weather.  so Dave and Cindy drive all the way back across town to bring
the two very tired and shaken boys to the shelter, so now Shake and Bake
are resting comfortably with us.  We also took in a sweet little cinnamon
baby named Precious, no time for her anymore.  The same day we took in 3
very sweet but funny looking hairless rats.  10 ferrets and its only
Tuesday.  Wednesday brings another ferret named Sara, she has a tumor on
her face that engulfs her whole facial area, the cage was so gross that
it went into the dumpster at work.  With Sara came a pair of breeding
Degu's, and another cage for the dumpster.

Ingred traveled to that day to bring back Baby Bear, a sweet little sable
girl that wasn't working out in her new home, along with 2 more Degus.
Thursay was a quiet day with only a hamster that is so fat he can't walk
and 2 tiny kittens that were dumped at the store.  They are being
fostered by a coworker, they are so young the pound will only kill them,
so we will try to find them homes.

another call this week for 2 more ferrets to be turned in, so I wait for
the call today for a drop off time.  Oh yeah and 2 of my regular boarders
came in Thursday and are here til the 1st.  Henry had bilat adrenal
surgey and also a lobe of his liver removed, and a prostratic cyst
removed, he is recovering with our vet.  So 12 ferrets came here to live,
along with a few other small and furry, or not so furry friends, and of
course our 2 boarders.  And 2 ferrets in the wings.  And so far no
adoptions.  But Ingred does have Baby Bear along with her 2 brothers and
sister for now.

So how was your week?

Please visit our website for our e bay auctions that end very soon, help
out the fuzzies and get some great stuff too!!

Take care,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
"where ferrets are treated like gold"