From:
Eden Rain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:27:12 -0700
Hello again from Eden & the guys in Seattle,
Gina posted a note in this morning's FML about matching funds programs to
help Bob out with his expenses over the Kodo dabacle.  I'm fortunate to work
for a company with such a program, so I figured I'd zip off a quick answer.
Almost without exception, companies that do matching gift programs specify
that they only match contributions to 501c3 charitable organizations, so the
Kodo fund won't qualify I'm afraid.

However, a national ferret organization such as is being discussed, could
possibly incorporate as a 501c3 and be able to receive matching funds.  The
only problem is that I think they then are restrictedin their ability to
contribute to political organizations and the like.  Perhaps Jeanne Carley
could address this a little better since she's looked into this with regards
to CFL?

Matching funds are a great idea, but somewhat limited in their application
I'm afraid...

Eden and her 3 guys: Misha, Lemke & Bill (the human one)