From:
Tony O'Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 23:56:46 -0000
[Moderator's note: I got two identical posts both ending here... I guess
there was supposed to be more, though I can't help but wonder if this was
lifted from a website somewhere, in which case I may have to remove it
from the archives when I find out.  BIG]

My list was not lifted off any website and I think I deserve an apology.

I was incharge of a Botanical Garden for 14 year and a list like this can
be made up by anyone with the slightest botanical knowledge of plants.

The part you didn't get because my PC was playing up was as follows.

Some of these plants are used in alternative medicine, but in there
naturale sate they can be dangerous, take the Dieffenbachia a common
household plant it has a white sap which if put on a persons tongue make
the tongue swell out of all proportions, thus making the person sound as
if they are dumb, another name for this plant is 'Dumbs cane' as it was
allegedly used on slaves to stop them from talking.

[Moderator's note: Thanks much for clarifying.  I'm glad it was your own
work and hereby apologize :-)  BIG]