Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 1994 03:34:49 -0800
Hi all,
        I guess this is mainly for the Vet types out there, but anyone
else with any input will be appreciated.  Nikki vomitted this evening a
couple hours after eating.  Now I know read here before that ferrets
don't usually vomit unless they are very ill, but she seems just fine in
every other way.  She is energetic, seems happy and playful.  She was
roaming freely in the house prior to the problem so its possible that she
may have consumed something around the house, but I couldn't find
anything that she had been obviously chewing on.  I had included
ferretone with her meal, but it didn't seem to be anymore than usual,
just 2 small squirts.

She is not vomitting anymore (only twice within 5 mins) and she is
drinking water so I don't expect any danger of dehydration.
She is a female spayed & descented (possibe MF ferret) just over 1 year old

What are the symtoms of excessive vitamin A?
What other possible reasons might she vomit?
Since she seems ok now should I be worried? (I will check her feces for
foreign objects)

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me,
                                                   Jim & Nikki