From:
Liz Tveite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:24:02 EST
My first ferret, Chino, is my "mama's boy".  He is the first to greet me
and loves to nap in my lap (but only after he's had his playtime).

My little Chino has a thing for pop tops.  If I don't put away groceries
fast enough, he's there trying to pry open pop cans or cat food cans, etc.
He did manage to get a can of Strawberry Soda open one day.  We found him
happily dancing in the soda spray and making quite a mess.

One of our morning routines is having breakfast together.  He loves V-8
juice.  As soon as I pour up my glass, he comes running with his nose
poised at my glass.  So we sit down to watch TV and sip our V-8.  He has
passed on the news because now a couple others have become interested in
V-8 too.  So now they have to take turns.

I work with a shelter, "... in the Company of Ferrets", and have 13 other
fuzzies.  Chino (the first) was the only one I got at a pet store.  Then I
discovered our local shelter and wanted to help.  So....one year later, I
have adopted more for my home and take in fosters until they have room at
the main adoption site.

I grew up living on a hobbie farm with several of the farm variety
animals, and we live on a small farm now with quite an assortment.  But
ferrets are a totally different critter.  I can't believe how much I have
grown to love them and cherish every day in their presence.  They bring
so much joy to our home.

Liz T
 ... in the Company of Ferrets
 www.freehomepages.com/itcoferrets