Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 19:29:07 -0400
I just got a 11 week whole sable ferret named Joey.  He joins my other two
ferrets ; Jake 2.5 yrs MF male and Roxie 3.0 yrs MF female.  They live in a
big 3 level cage with bunch of towels and comfies.

Roxie basically ignored Joey, allowing him to sleep with her but not being
friendly nor aggresive.  Jake on the other hand showed Joey who was "king of
the mountain".  Jake drug Joey around as Joey squeeled.  I know this is
normal and by tonight the dominance play was over.

Here's where it gets odd.  Jake kept dragging Joey to the litter box and
throwing him in, hissing if Joey got out.  Jake wouldn't allow Joey to go
anywhere last night except the litter box.  NOW Joey will ONLY sleep in the
litter box even tho Jake "allows" Joey to cuddle to him now.  Because the
litter box is now bed for Joey, Joey goes to bathroom in a corner of the
cage!

I've tried leaving poops in it and Joey don't mind he just pushes the poops
to the side and stretches out.  The breeder told me to put some ferretone on
a towel put the towel where I want him to sleep and he will suck on the
towel and fall asleep.  Well that worked once and after that one time he
didn't fall for it again.

I'm desperate at this point.  The breeder is stumped... HELP!!

Maggie