Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 00:50:43 -0400
I have read the varied posts about insufficent time for fuzzies and wondered
what people were regarding as insufficent time?  Personally, I've noticed
ups and downs in play time with our 2 ferrets.  Sometimes, the only time I
have is getting ready in the morning and other times I have plenty of time
to let them run thorough house.  There was a couple of weeks where my
husband and I had very irregular schedules and we really only had time to
let them run in the morning and evening as we got ready to leave or go to
sleep.  At that time I noticed my albino was getting quite upset with us.
Before she'd wait patiently in the cage while we got home and "settled in"
but as her playtime decreased she started to ring her bell (we put a little
bell in the cage, not knowing her toy would turn into her method of
summoning attention!), drag paper out of the litterbox and rattle the cage
door.  So she certainly let us know we were in the ferrethouse.  However,
our other ferret just used the time to catch up on napping.

So I wondered normal play time between humans and ferrets for the average
household.  Just curious (my ferrets taught me that).  Cheryl.

P.S.  Bought the new Ferrets USA 1998 annual at Barnes & Nobles today.
Haven't read it yet; I always check out the photos first in envy since I
can't get mine to stay still long enough to take photos.