From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:07:17 -0800
Why don't you instead have your vet call a prescription for liquid
Pediapred at your local Walgreens? It's FAR cheaper. I was paying
only about $15 a month for the Pediapred for my one ferret while the
compounded Pred was over $40. I also don't really trust the compounding
meds because I don't really see how it's an even dose when it's ground
down meds mixed with liquid. When I'd get to the bottom of the bottle
it was so thick I'd toss it because I was afraid of overdosing my
ferret. My one ferret that had Insulinoma lived an additional year
and a half after her diagnosis with twice daily Pediapred.