From:
Deva Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:11:24 -0700
I have a three tiered waterfall (came with the house) and a huge enclosed
patio for the ferrets.  They climb all over the waterfall, scuba dive,
fall in, drink the water, etc.  It has been a big hit.  But watching
them, I think think I would be concerned more about a pond, where the
water is deeper (because they are clumsy and fall in.  You would have
to be sure they could easily climb out from every side.

A second thought I had about ponds is that they are stationary water and
can breed mesquites.  We have had a couple cases of West Niles Virus here
and that concerns me as ferrets can get bite.  I assume that they can get
the virus--but I am not sure and don't want to take a chance.  Does
anyone know??

The waterfall is flowing and the safe Stationary water would have to
have mosquito-eating fish that the city will supply for free, or an
insecticide (which I would never use because of animals and children.)
This are my thoughts on the subject.

Deva