From:
Michelle Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 10:07:53 -0600
>I have heard rumors that ferrets do not like pregnant women....

You're pretty much worried over nothing.  :) I'm seven months pregnant and
my six carpet sharks still love me as much as ever.  I'm not sure they've
even noticed.  There have also been several other pregnancies in the local
ferret club here, and no major ferret revolts over it.

However, if you have to change their routine to accomodate the arriving
munchkin, it is best to do it as soon as possible so they don't associate
the change with the baby and resent him/her.  For example, our critters are
going to have to be caged at night so the baby can be in our room -- we'll
be starting to cage them this week.  They'll hate it, but it'll be easier
for all concerned.  And I won't have to get up 20 times a night to scold a
ferret for digging on the carpet.  :)

Michelle
Flutist

--
Meet my pets.  The ferrets (Taz, Coffee, Daphne, Tia, Gretchen, and
Beelzebub), the gerbils (34 of them), the rats (seven of them), the budgies