From:
Curtis Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 1996 00:44:00 -0700
Took Abby to the vet for a reweigh and glucose check today.  She also had
her staples removed.  The bad news was the surgery didn't help cure the
insulinoma.  Her glucose was 59.  I'm still feeding her the kitten milk
replacer and she's not eating anything else.  Good news is she gained 200
gms.  Started her on prednisolone and I hope she'll start eating on her own.
We go back in two weeks.  I asked the vet how much time Abby may have.  In
her experience, ferrets with insulinoma have lived another year but, they
had heart problems, etc.  Abby has no other health problems that we know of.
What can I expect?  I'm very disappointed about this.  I had such high hopes
that the surgery was going to at least give us a short time for a cure.  She
doesn't want to start her on diazoxide yet.  She told me it would cost over
$100 a month for this medication!  Could I get it cheaper somewhere else?
I'd like for her to be on both medications if it's better for her.

Please email me if you have any suggestions or can answer any of my
questions.  I don't think there's anything else medically that we can do for
her.  It's so depressing.

Thank you for being here.

 Nancy,
 Abby - Let me out of my cage so I can go hide.
 Ginny - Well, maybe this baby isn't so bad.
 Chloe - Hold me and pet me some more. I love it!