From:
sheena staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 22:15:36 -0800
>>time grooming the babies -so much in fact, that she appears to have licked
>>off their genitals.
>We know of one male kit that had been "over cleaned" like this before...
>Other than not having a good "cover" ... he is quite fine.  He even goes to
>ferret shows and won a nest in show as I remember.

I took the kits into my vet yesterday and he said that the female was just
fine, and should have no problems, but he is concerned about the male.
Where little Mo should be urinating from is a little scabby looking pinhole,
and about that exact size (of a pinhole I mean).  He said that he may need
surgery to correct the size of the -er- opening when he gets bigger.  So I
guess Mo is staying with us permanently.  Goodie, I fell in love with his
little black stripey face instantly and he probably would have stayed anyway
:)

"nest in show" huh?  Sounds like a contest to see which ferret can most
efficiently shred a newspaper into a suitable napping spot :) (teasing
teasing, I know what you meant)

Sheena
Wherret Ferrets Halfway House and Ferretry
Ferret Association of Greater Vancouver