From:
Phyl Spy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 09:40:40 -0600
It has been 3 weeks since Tyler was helped to the Rainbow Bridge.  I have
been in such a state of mourning that I haven't been able to write about
him until today.  Tyler was diagnosed with lymphoma and was gone within a
week.  That was the worst week of my life as I watched my little man go
downhill so fast - he was only about 4 years old.  When I decided that
it was time to consult with my vet regarding Tyler's time left with me,
I wrapped him in a special blanket with a beautiful cloud pattern and
a special Rainbow afghan made by his friend Diddy.  After a long
consultation with Dr. Gould, it was decided that Tyler needed to be
helped to the bridge.  I laid him on my lap on his Cloud Blanket and
covered him with his Rainbow Afghan.  Dr. Gould administered the
injection and I kissed and held my little man, singing to him while
he left.  He took with him a huge piece of my heart and there is a big
hole in our house without Tyler there to make us laugh.

Sandee, in the past few weeks I have tried very hard to picture Tyler at
the Rainbow Bridge, but I would be most grateful if you could let me know
that he is happy and playing with his new friends - Gizzy, Roscoe and
Smudgie, to name a few.  Tyler was my little deaf boy and I would love to
know that he is a hearing ferret now, enjoying all the wonderful sounds
that he missed while here - birds singing, the wind gently blowing the
leaves, ferrets dooking..... When Kim Fox did a reading for my Molly, she
saw Tyler, the Clown, and that is the most wonderful description I have
ever about Tyler.

Tyler was the first of my 6 ferrets to leave me.  I have always cried
when someone has told me of the loss of a fuzzie, but I had no idea the
pain went so deep.  To all who have gone through this loss, I send my
deepest sympathies and warmest prayers for comfort.

In closing, I did have the most wonderful thing happen on the way to work
last week.  As I was driving along on the expressway, I looked up in the
sky and there was a cloud that looked like Tyler running down the hall in
pursuit of the cat - head held high, tail straight out and little back
hunched.  I thank God everyday for that sign that Tyler will be with me
forever in spirit.

Phyllis Spy
Mom to Duchess, Tobey,"Tyler" (this is where I always inserted his name),
Jenny, Molly and Joshua