From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 05:54:33 EDT
Hey all !!  Dooks to the fur-kids!  Meow to the fer-kats !!

Well, got a little insight into Sasquatch's biting problem <owww!>

He was playing around today, running around and generally enjoying himself.
I went over to the cedar trunk that he had found a hidey hole under.  He
poked his head out and gently grabbed my hand to bring it into the hidey
hole (awwww - kute).  When I went to pet him with the other hand, he
freaked and started to chomp away hard.

By now he was extremely fearful of me.  I think he was expecting to get
punished.  I noticed that when I try to hold him by the scruff he reacts
violently.  I tend to think one of the clerks got an unexpected nip and
reacted by scruffing him too hard or shaking him.

I gently put him back in his cage and donned the old leather gloves.  Again
he grabbed my hand and tried to pull me in.  again I got a severe reaction
when I reached out with my other hand.  Hmmm .. Time for the next step.

I reached in again and he tried to grab the gloved hand.  After several "No
bite" tests, I let him grab onto the gloved hand.  He sunk into it and was
"rewarded" with the taste of bitter apple that was generously saturated
onto the glove.  He still freaked when my other hand reached for him.

After several times and some sweet talking, he let me pick him up again.  I
think he was still a bit afraid though.  Kinda got that impression when he
peed all over me.  Hmmm - not exactly the "warm, fuzzy, feeling" I was
hoping for.

If at first you don't succeed . . . . .

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
~Mocha~Nikki~Selene~Missy~Yogi~Skooter~  and Mist the Fer-Kat
Foster Kids ~Willie~Christina~Nippy~Stubbie~
Guardian Fur-Angels ~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury
~Little
Boy~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!
Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                  http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
KRITTER KREW - http://hometown.aol.com/kwildheart/myhomepage/pet.html

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.