From:
Rick White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 12:56:10 EDT
>From:   Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Hmmmmm, an AFA Vet symposium in Calif?  However, why give California
>the honor... are held, it supports the tourism, hotel, restaurant, and
>meeting venues.  Why bring any ferret dollars to California?

Just my thought on the  subject.
Butting back out........

I cannot speak for the AFA (I'm sure they have an answer), but the
Veterinary Community in California is very much aware of the legal plight
of ferrets in their state.  The object of this symposium is about -
Ferret Medicine - rather than tourism or the peripheral money generated
by the event.  Many of the Vets attending this event already live in
California, so the economical impact will be minimal to the state.  If
the California ferret groups and the AFA can get newspapers and radio
stations to give coverage to this event, it can prove to be very
beneficial to the California legalization efforts.  Educational seminars,
either Professional or General, generate public awareness and acceptance
of the domestic ferrets as companion pets.

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Dooks and  Blessings,
Rick White