From:
Selina Siu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 22:58:14 -0400
Dief had another hypoglycemic episode today, so far his episodes have only
been drooling and a bit spaced out, he does come around when he smells
hairball remedy or something.  in late Feb he had a couple of episodes
where he threw up clear liquid, and went for surgery in early March where
nothing was found.  post surgery he was pigging out on baby food, and
didn't have any episodes for a few weeks.  now he's back on TF, and has
been having some drooling episodes for a couple of weeks.  I don't know
if it is still too early for surgery, I don't want to have him opened up
again just to find nothing.  I started him on Timmy's tonic a couple days
ago, think he is drinking it (as is every body else) so don't know if
that will help.  or maybe I should just put him on baby food all the time.
he's not on any meds yet.  what are people's experiences with insulinomic
ferrets where surgery reveals nothing?

also, does anyone know if there are liquid (oral) medicine for heartworm
prevention?

thanx.

// Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite,       Sand and Bear
//                      missing Storm
// http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~ssiu