From:
Jessica Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:47:37 -0800
Trina is my first ferret, a typical sable and I bought her from a friend
of mine who didn't have time for her anymore.  She is a sweetie.  I felt
she was lonely and needed a friend.  (The start of Ferret Math!!!)

So, along came Ludacris, a typical sable, but a little lighter with white
knees, from Pet Supplies Plus.  She just loved him from the start and
they are the best of buds.

While shopping for supplies at another Pet Supplies Plus I saw the cuties
little dark brown baby play in a tank.  Yeap, you guessed it, my mighty
little mini, a pixie of a ferret, Jada came home with me.  And then there
was 3 and all was well until...

I was in Petland and saw the tiniest little white/cream guy play with 8
or 9 other babies.  He was so small, he fit in my hand and I had to have
him.  So home came my spoiled little champagne boy, Marshall Mathers.  He
was soo small that he use to cry for me when I got home from work.  He
was my baby.  Ludacris use to grab him by the neck and drag him under the
couch to his hidy hole.  Marshall would scream and run as soon as Luda
let go.  It was fun to watch them grow up together.

Then a friend of mine called to see if I wanted another ferret.  A friend
of hers had a 6 month old that she didn't have time for anymore and was
looking for a home for him.  (He didn't even have a name...she called
him ferret!) I, of course, said sure!  I wasn't going to keep him, I
already had 4 ferrets and people were going to think I had gone mad, but
then I saw him.  Salt and pepper...he was a beautiful Silver Mitt.  Just
gorgeous and bouncing off all the walls...long and lean...ferret
perfection.  He didn't look like any of the others and I knew I was
keeping him.  My sweet Cam'ron.  And then there were 5 and so started
the "F-5 Mafia".

In May of this year, we had an accident at the house and I lost my
beautiful Cam'ron.  I was devastated.  It broke my heart into a zillion
tiny pieces.  And I cry to this day at the thought...Cam'ron, Mommy
misses you so very much...with every passing day, it does not get any
easier.

While at Petland one day, I, of course, was drawn to the ferret tank and
in there were two babies...one white with black markings and one that
reminded me of a little wolf.  I fell in love with the crazy, bouncy
white baby and home he came with me.  My Lil' Romeo...he's what Jean at
Ferrets Unlimited called a knuks or a reverse skunk.  Romeo is all white,
but has the black guard hairs all down his back.  He's big and beautiful
and deaf.  Yeah, he's deaf as a door, but it doesn't stop him.  He love
to play and chase Mommy and give me kisses galore!  Romeo, unfortunately,
live alone.  Marshall didn't take to Romeo at all and goes on a seek and
destroy mission when he's around Romeo.  I believe Marshall wants to kill
Romeo, so I keep them separated.  I've tried everything, Marsh just
doesn't like him.  That's okay...that just means Romeo gets more spoiled
and more free time with Mommy.

I love my fuzzies more than anything...everyone, hug and kiss your babies
for me!

Jessica & the F-5 Mafia