From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 1995 17:04:09 EDT
Dr. Weiss's comments:

> Congestive Heart Failure is a progressive disease which is usually
> controlable for a period of time with lasix...

When my little Fred was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, his vet
put him on oral liquid furosemide twice a day.  While it is a moot point
now (I had to get Fred put to sleep in April), could anyone tell me if
lasix and furosemide are one and the same?  Was the furosemide an effective
medicine for Fred's condition?  Also, is congestive heart failure in any
way related to obesity, diet, etc., or is it "purely" genetic?

[Moderator's note: LASIX is a brand name of furosemide.  BIG]