Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 22:45:11 -0700
Hi FML'ers

I often get sad reading the FML, because it seems that many of the posts
concern ferrets that are hurting, sick or suffering in some other way.  It
makes us sometimes cry to read the sad stories in the FML, but we are sure
glad that we have it.  Blessings to all of you who love your fuzzies as much
as we do.  Oh yeah, and thanks for the limericks and bumper sticker ideas
that make us laugh out loud as we read them.  Ferret owners seem to have
almost as much wit as their ferrets do!  ; )

Anyways, I have a concern tonight.  I've already checked Pam Greene's ferret
faqto no avail.

Bela. . . Our petite little 3 year old seems very sick tonight.  I have no
idea what it could be.  She has been Vomit/coughing all night (about 6 hours
now.) It is really breaking my heart.  She had a very gassy bowel movement
(and a little poopie came out much skinnier than normal,) and she has had
noisy spells of dry heaving (alot of gooshing sounds coming from her abdomen
as she vomits.) I know that she ate quite alot today.  (Mitsy fed her from
her hand and noted that she ate 1.5 small handfuls of food.) I'm j hoping
that this isn't a precursor to insulinoma, since she is a very persistant
treat beggar.  Vets, or anyone knowledegable in this type of problem please
e-mail me directly.  She seems to be sleeping right now, but she still
cough/heaves every 15 minutes or so.  Please let me know what this vomiting
means.  I'm probably going to take her into the vet to get x-rayed to see if
there is a partial blockage or anything like that.  (We just moved into a
new house and though we ferret proofed it, we may have missed something.)
Till then, I'm gonna give her a couple of doses of vaseline and keep an eye
on her poopies and general state of health.

Thanks so much for your help (and limericks too!)

Blessings on all the fuzzies.

Jon Rex and Mitsy Anderson
and the "Chickens"  (Bela and Fezzik)
<(* )
     |  |

"Until the circle of man's compassion is extended to all living things,
man himself shall not find peace."  -Schweitzer