From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 03:41:23 -0500
>From:    "Melissa M. Gonzalez" <[log in to unmask]>
>... We have for awhile used the pearl fresh litter and have had great
>success with it.  Except for one thing, it's Expensive!  We have no
>problem with keeping this litter but we have been trying to find
>alternatives just in case.  We found recently at PetSmart a litter called
>Swheat or something like it.  It is a litter containing wheat.  The
>ferrets seem to love it and so does my cat.  It's fairly inexpensive.  It
>says it does not hard clump which is good since we know we don't want our
>babies to have digestive problems.  It says that it is recommended by vets
>for kittens since it is easily digestible.  What do you experts think?  I
>tried yesterdays news and they don't seem to like it and the odor is realy
>bad with it.  We clean their pan every night since we have four babies.

I tried Yesterdays News and didn't like the smell either.  I changed to
the compressed wood pellets they sell for wood heating stoves and have been
more than pleased.  It's too large to stick to bottoms, smells pretty good,
is highly absorbent and only cost $4.00 for 40 pounds.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde