From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 17:06:39 -0400
Hello I am a new subscriber to the FML.  I have just received the last two
digests and I must admit I'm jelous.  Last year for Xmas I bought myself a
gift.  An adorable male sable that stole my heart the minute I picked him up
at the pet store.  I had been to a number of pet stores and wanted to wait
and choose the right one.  Nixon, as he came to be named, was about the 10th
ferret I'd seen in a week.  If he had been the first he would have been the
only one I saw.  Anyway, I was in my last year of college in RI and planned
to continue on to law school.  I just didn't know that I would choose a
school that resides somewhere that ferrets are illegal.  As I live in a
dorm, something else I had not planned on, I could not risk him being
discovered.  After all if he were legal, but just not in the dorm, I would
be told to get rid of him.  However, I just can't risk his discovery and his
loss.  Now he resides with my girlfriend 8 hrs away by car.  Although she
takes great care of him I miss him.  I haven't seen him for a month and a
half and probably won't see him until Thanksgiving.  My only reminder is a
picture of him on lying on his back, stretched out, on his hammock, with the
most puzzled look he has ever given me.  I wish I could write interesting
and cute ferret stories about his latest hiding spot or misadventure, but at
least I can read others and smile at their hijinx and imagine Nixon doing
the same thing.  Sorry this is so long but I feel better.  I hope he
remembers me two months from now.

Unfortunately,
Anon - missing his best furry friend