From:
Sharon Eblen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 07:46:25 -0700
I have a friend who knows of a small ferret who was abused and neglected
that needs to be out of the shelter by Wed.  8/9/06.  He is located in
New Jersey and we have a rescuer in Missouri who has offered to take him
but we need assistance with transport and vetting.

Here is what we know of him so far:
He will die on Wed.  at a high kill shelter if we don't raise the money
to get him to a vet (around $200).  He was abused by his owners and sits
in a shelter that "doesn't adopt out small animals" so even though they
took him from the home that almost killed him, they will not give anyone
a chance to adopt him and apparently don't want to bother having him seen
by a vet.  They told me I could pull him but I don't get paid again until
the 25th and all of my other money is tied into my other fosters(and
current bills) at the moment.

He has never known a family that will love him, he has never known to
trust people, yet he is happy to see me every time I walk in that door.

I have emailed and called everyone I could think of to help this guy and
everyone is full!  Oh and every time I put toys, bedding or anything to
make him more comfortable in his tiny cage they throw it away the next
day.

Thank you

Sharon