From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 14:09:55 -0500
For all of you who have given support on my turning in the "Bad Vet" I
worked for I thought a update was in order.  Today I finally got a letter
saying the offical investigation has been given to a investigator and will
start as soon as possible.  But they have lots to do so it could be awhile
and they will let me know the outcome or if I need to testify.  It scares me
it took whta, 4 months to get this far, how many more ferrets and other pets
have to die or be neglected before the state will do something!!  This
process is to slow, especially with little lives at risk.  It did not make
me feel any better since I just had major surgery last week.

The shelter just lost a very special little ferret yesterday, Peanut, he
came to us a few weeks ago, found outside and very thin and sick.  Last week
he started to perk up and even did the ferret dance of joy, everything was
looking up.  Monday night he started to crash all was done for him, but
during the night he slipped away while sleeping on my stomach.  When he went
I had a dream he was dancing with joy and playing with other ferrets, I woke
up and he was gone.  I think he wanted to tell me he was okay now and not to
worry.  We will all miss this special little guy.

Dr. Bock will be doing an autopsy, but we think he had the green crude while
out running and did not get treatment quick enough, liver failure was bad
when he came to us.
Stephanie