From:
Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:56:06 -0400
Just had to share this story!

We recently took in a few new pet ferrets.  One named Shadow, is an
ENORMOUS silver mitt!  The other a more refined perky chocolate mitt.
Well shadow is built like a German tank-- so to speak.  He weighs in at 5
1/2 # really!  It is believable when I tell you he is in truth the brother
to Bob Church's Mickey Moose.

Well a few times the past week we have gone out, run errands etc while he
was out.  When I came home both times I was enraged.  It seems the cat had
up up on top of the glass faced curio and proceeded to knock off photos, a
stack of receipts waiting to be file and other miscellaneous things.  I
really thought it HAD to be the cat the curio cabinet is kind of high up
there...

I scolded the cat and she scat-- must be guilty as charged.  Then last
night about midnight I am on the computer and I hear things start to crash
again, one by one stuff hitting the floor downstairs-- so I went to look.

To my amazement I found No the cat-- but this huge ferret poking things
off the curio one by one.  Seems not only is he big, but muscular too!  He
managed to hoist himself somehow onto the wingback chair- leap to the cage
climb to the top and then a quick hop and he is on top of the curio!

I had to eat my words as he peered at me with those hi I am just sorting
things out eyes.... never again do I leave him to run the house
unsupervised-- next thing he will be taking down the walls!

Alicia