From:
Maggie Mae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:31:28 EDT
Hi Everyone,

If you have tried to send me any email, especially to my att account and it
bounced, send it to this one.  My ex has tried for over a week to send me a
message, he only had the one addie.  And I KNOW of some other stuff going
out into the ether.  So try again.

A little background on myself.  First of all, even with 26 ferrets running
around here, I am not a shelter.  Never have been, don't want to be.  I
wouldn't be able to adopt them out, which is how I ended up with 26 in the
first place.

Over half of my ferrets are some type of rescues.  Either from shelters or
ones I got refered to because of my involvement in a ferret club I started a
couple of years ago in Houston.  BTW, if you would like to get in contact
with that club, you can email Noni Clark (current president) at
[log in to unmask]  She may take a couple of days to get back to you, Noni is
running pretty ragged these days.  She also runs a small shelter operation
out of her house and works for a couple of really great ferret vets.

I got a very virulent strain of ferret math virus in 1996 from a travelling
hob.  Unfortunately, this strain also seems to spread via email, so youse
takes your chances with me.

I am a student at the University of Missouri in Columbia Missouri.  I am an
English major and thus, often put quotes of various kinds at the bottom of
my posts.  It doesn't have a thing to do with my mental state, or lack
thereof, as some would like to think.  Oh yeah, lots of lyric quotes, I am
singer and a violinist.  I grew up listening to the blues and jazz.  I like
anything but country.

I am a 41 year old divorced woman.  I am of Celtic heritage and am very
proud of that fact.  I say Celtic because I am Scottish and Irish.  I am
loud, I state my views, and I will disagree with anyone.  It makes a lot of
folks uncomfortable, however, I don't do anything out of mean spiritedness
or revenge, as some would like to believe.  I may set some folks to higher
standards, but only because they try to put themselves there first.

I have had animals all my life and I am an avid researcher when it comes to
medical matters, theirs and mine.  I consider myself an extremely educated
layman.  I love to watch proceedures at the vet's office and try to do so
every chance I get.  You learn a lot that way.

I also do not think anything is hard and fast with ferret keeping, outside
of getting the little women neutered to prevent death.  Some things I don't
agree with, some I do and I realize that everyone tries their best.  To me,
discussion, not accusations or calling names like a child is the way to go.
Honey instead of vinegar.  Why be full of bitterness or hatred when it
accomplishes nothing.  Except making yourself miserable.

Oh yeah, in case you haven't figured out by my posts, I am also extremely
prone to sarcasm.  The majority of the time, I employ it for humour only.
But, being the good Celt I am, it doesn't always stop there.  And no, I
don't take myself too seriously either.

Maggie Mae, who is currently covered in skeeter bites. Geesh, do they like
pale skin or what?