From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 21:11:53 -0500
Good Evening Everyone,
Ok I know you all warned me about "Ferret Math" but hey it could not
happen to me my house was already full but I just knew in my heart that
even with 2 boys we wanted a little girl.  I love my boys who have only
been with us a little over 2 mo now and have grown into big boys.  We
have waited 3 weeks now for our pet store to get in the new arrivals and
tonight they did.  We went to get our little girl and there were 2 little
boys that were just crying to come home with us.  We held each one knowing
that we would take the little girl who we named Maggie.  I could not bear
for little Maggie to be alone in her cage until she grew a bit more so
we thought why not get another one.  Well the dilema was that the other
little one would be left alone or someone would buy him and put him in a
cage alone.  I could not bear it.  I talked my husband into letting me get
the 3 kits.  They are only about 6-7 weeks old which broke my heart since
our other guys were 2 & 2 1/2 mo when we brought them home.  Heck they
were even big enough to have their nails trimmed before we brought them
home.  I understand now what people were saying about the breeders turning
kits out so young.  Heck these little ones are still trying to suckel.  We
named them Ariel, Raphael & Maggie.  My husband wanted to name them after
the Archangels.  So now we have Michael, Gabriel, Ariel & Raphael and
their little sister Maggie.  Michael and Gabriel really like them and are
so curious.  I am glad that they are still young enough to accept them.  I
still can't believe we left with 3.  They are so precious.  Ariel gave us
a little scare eating a newspaper(Yesterday's News) litter pellet.  When I
went to get it out of his mouth he bit me.  I know he didn't mean it.  He
did spit it up.  Will he pass it through?  He did eat, drink and poop
after that.  He seemed really tired so I held him for the longest time but
he was active when I put him back down.  I just didn't realize how little
these guys are when they put them out for sale.  I know we were supposed
to have them.  I know I hear everyone ready to yell at me saying that I
should have adopted and not have supported MF by buying 3 more of their
ferrets but when you see them there and they are screaming to go home with
you what can you do :-).  They have their own bedroom to romp in but the
little ones will be caged until they can grow a bit.  Maybe we bit off
more than we can handle but God never gives us more than we can handle and
for some reason he has given us 3 little babies to take care of and I
promise that they will never want for anything.  We are at our max now but
I know we can love and care for them.

Love & angel hugs
Debbie