From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:31:32 -0500
It was an interesting time at de Bridge. SaraFerret had been so busy,
what with practicing for de great day coming up. All de fuzzies had
been zipping around de Bridge trying their level best to get their
voices in tune so they could sing. After all, who would want a flat
dook coming out of their mouths. Even de kits were in on de action. But
this afternoon, she decided she just had to get a nap. (Famous Last
Words). She had just dropped off to sleep and she heard this BANG on
her door and then she heard the door CREAK open and then she heard...
You guessed it. The voice of Dexter, de little boy courier. She opened
one eye and then the other and knew that she had to roll out of de
hammie. Dexter stood dere with a note in his paw and said,

"SawaFewwet, about times you gots up. I has been standing here and you
been sleeping even after I knocked on the door. I was nice enough to
knock first too. But anyway I has a message from the Boss. There is
a buncha fewwets cwossing the Bwidge and you best get busy and gets
yourself up. Is there anyone you wants me to get?"

I stretched myself to get de kinks out and took de note and read it.
Then I sent him to fetch de (hopefully right ones) and headed for de
entrance. I was just in time to see a handsome Albino fuzzy with eight
tiny sable kits on his back arriving. So I introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run on green grass forever and have lotsa
friends to play with. Did I mention de fun and games?"

The Albino spoke, "I am Spirit and I belong to Missy Michele. She said
you would know her. I had to wait a bit at de bridge to help carry
these wee ones across, as they were much too small to walk across. I
was so afraid they would slip between the cracks of the bridge and be
lost forever. Their Mum was very saddened that she had to say good-bye
to her babes, but they just sickened on her and ... They were so good
at holding onto me though. Such good little lads. As for me, I have
never been too perky and I finally reached the point of no return. But
Missy Michele assured me that this place is beautiful and there would
be friends, now where are all these friends? But I guess if you are the
friend, well I can be friends with you, as you see to be a nice young
lass and we will get along with you."

I replied, "How nice to meet you, Spirit. I have heard of your Missy so
many times. But do not fret. There are many of your friends here and
you will see dem soon, just be patient. How sweet of you to wait to
bring de little ones along. They are so beautiful. This place is just
beautiful and dere are loads of things for de kits to do and dere are
other kits for dem to play with. But wait, there is something else.
Do you see dese wings I have on my shoulders?"

Spirit said, "Yes, Missy mentioned something about them, but I didn't
feel too well so I didn't pay her too much mind."

"Well, Spirit, you are gonna get your very own pair and so are de
little ones."

So off we went down de garden path to de Wing House where de wings were
stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a box marked "Spirit"
and right next to it were eight very tiny boxes. Spirit opened de box
and took out his wings--bright blue with silver streaks-- perfect for
a NZ fuzzy. I helped him put on his wings and adjusted his halo. And
then one by one we opened de tiny boxes and put on tiny gossamer wings
(Dragonfly colors) until all eight sable kits were complete. Then
Spirit took himself and de kits to de big vanity mirror and gazed at
dere reflections and smiled. My, he was sure a handsome ferret and he
surely did feel much better now. And those kits were so cute. Den he
turned to me and said, "Gee, I wish Missy Michele could see us now."
Den I gots an idea.

As we went out de door, to his surprise, dere was Shawnee, Latte,
Chocolate, and Ash to greet him and he was so happy. Now he knew that
his Missy had not been telling him stories, that he really was gonna
have NZ fuzzies to visit with. So we went on down de path to de Misitng
Pond and sat down beside de cool clear water. With one swish we saw a
vision of Missy Michele and Mum Tuni' appear. Spirit started waving
and dooking with all of his might.

"I love you so much. Thank you for loving me. I got the wee ones here
all right. I didn't lose a one. You would be so proud of me. I have
found some friends. I feel so much better now. I have wings now and
oh yes, the little ones have wings also."

Then he began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with all of his
love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed to your
house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed dere.
And with another swish de vision was gone.

And so we left dere and went down a fork in de road to de NZ Clan and
Spirit spotted de Flag--oh who could miss it--Bright blue with de Union
Jack in one corner and de Southern Cross in de other. Carrying de kits
he made a mad rush to de cottage to meet all the others. You could hear
de music playing. Of course you could smell de food. NZ fuzzies were
high-fiving him and carrying de kits around. Other fuzzies from various
places came over. Spirit had a big grin on his face. I was invited to
stay but I knew I had so much left undone. So I gave Spirit a hug and
each of de littles a kiss and said my good- byes. I knew Spirit and de
little sables had found dere new forever home.

All de way home, I even felt more loving toward little Dexter.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter