From:
J Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:18:43 -0500
This morning I got up as usual and Byte-me as usual came around for some
attention but Kodo didn't.  Not unusual where at times he sleeps in
somewhere in a hidy hole.  But this morning he never did come around
especially when the shower starts, his favorite fun time to play.

I vacuumed the house all over and then searched everywhere in every hidy
hole I know of.  I thought he had found another one so waited but he
never did come out, most unusual.

Then while vacuuming I looked up at the top of his 6 foot cage and there
he was, stuck on top.  It looked like he tried to back down and couldn't
do it on that cage mesh.  He had been there at least 4 hours and maybe up
to 8 hours.  Poor guy was not moving at all, Must have been terribly
uncomfortable being on that wide cruel mesh for so long.

I got a small step ladder and got him down.  He was most grateful but
hasn't moved much since I got him down.  He is usually very active and
fullof kisses when I handle him but he was unusually quiet today.  He is
now in the cage resting in a hammy being very quiet.  Will see how he
feels in a bit, but I bet for sure he is very glad to be off that cage
top!

Nibble-ed used to climb the cage exterior at times also.  I would find
her clinging to some spot outside the cage where she could go no further
up or down and she just clung there until I came by to rescue her.  I
would put my hands around her middle and she would immediately go totally
limp in my hands for me to relocate her.  What a character and what
trust!

Once I couldn't find Nibble-ed for hours.  Then by chance I walked by
another of my huge cages and there was Nib in there resting in a hammy.
Well I'll be !!!!  But how did she get into a cage that had all the doors
closed and locked !

Best I can figure out is she climbed up the outside to the top of a
Ferret Store 'J' feeder, went down the inside and managed to contort
herself to get out in the inside of the cage via that 'J' feeder!  Was
the only way she could have done that.  Amazing creature, but Nib could
get on top of the fire place mantle also, never figured out how she did
that, and she could get on top of the kitchen counter also by pressing
her back on the wall and feet on the back of a roll away cabinet and
'walking' up the back using pressure on her feet from pressing her back
on the wall.  I watched her do that, amazing intelligence she had!

Well, lets see how Kodo does in the next few hours.  Ha!  Can't help bur
love 'em !!!!

Gordon, Byte-me and Kodo
Missing Podo, Bud and Nibble-ed