From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2008 02:41:39 -0400
There was **one** man I've read about who had an anaphylactic shock
level reaction to a ferret but I don't know if it wound up in a
journal.

PubMed is a great place to start any search of this type:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

The search terms
allergy ferret
pull up 35 refs, not all of which will be useful, esp since ferrets
have been used as models for allergy studies

Then click on the authors to open each.

I'm going through fast so check me and also check with different terms
but these might be helpful
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15888829
which leads to
http://www.chestjournal.org/cgi/reprint/127/5/1565
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11344368
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18174388
leads to
http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/pmidlookup?view=long&pmid=18174388
which is not opening right now
the search terms
allergy mustela
bring up 74 results to look through.

There WILL be those with allergies; it may be more important to show
the RATE. One way to illustrate through use of an expert witness
allergist showing how hard it is to find the allergen for shots or SLIT
(sublingual immunotherapy) compared to the ease of finding the ones for
other domestic animals due to higher numbers of people having allergies
to those other animals.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: