From:
Tillie & Amy Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 16:43:28 -0700
Bruce Williams wrote:
> I have found the derm docs are quick to blame the family pet for any
>allergy or skin problem

This is one I have had personal experience with!  My nephew, Andrew, was
down from Fairchild AFB where my Sister was stationed, and a few days after
he got here he developed a scabby spot at his temple which turned out to be
ringworm.  The Doc.  at the AFB, after questioning my sis and finding out
that Andrew had been around my Ferret, insisted that that was where he got
the ringworm.  He told my sister that ferrets were noted carriers of
ringworm.  Well I did some calling around to local vets and found that none
of them had ever seen a ferret with ringworm, and one Tech.  even said
ferrets weren't susceptible to ringworm & didn't carry it either.  I also
was told that ringworm takes much longer to show up after exposure than two
or three days.  According to the one vet, it was much more likely that he
got it off his own cat.  ( I think I read somewhere that cats can have it
and not show symptoms?) ›VETS: Please correct me if any of this info I
received is mistaken!|

Amy & Katie
"Here's Dookin' at you Kit!"