From:
Stephanie Gilbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:07:05 -0500
hello fuzzy lovers,

knowledge of past vaccinations, it's always better safe than sorry.  i had
this same question a few months ago when i acquired 2 lovable ferret who
had previously been abandoned.  the woman who was fostering them before i
got them told me that she had had the skinkers for 9 months and that they
would need vaccinating soon.  yet, she wasn't sure of exactly when their
last vaccination was.  not wanting my new babies to be sick or to possibly
pass something on to my other baby, i quickly asked my local ferret
listserve what they thought about vaccinating without knowing.  all agreed
that it's better to be safe than sorry and that since it had been at
least 9 months since their last vaccination that it shouldn't make much
difference if they possibly got their shots a few months earlier than
necessary.  if you still have doubts about vaccinating, i say it's best
to ask your veterinarian about it.  he/she would probably be able to
explain the risks and benefits much better than i ever could...

cheers to all...

stephanie w/ noodle, vera, chance

Stephanie Gilbert * Reserve Processing * Undergraduate Library * CB# 3942,
UNC-CH * Chapel Hill, NC  27599 * (919) 962-1355 *
emails:  [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask] *
http://Kittlen.tripod.com