From:
Jill Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 20:18:27 -0700
Hey guys I have the cutest story to share!

I've cleaned out my ferrets hidey-holes a million times and always
found food there.  Our oldest ferret Sally hasn't been eating, she's
been sneaking the food out of the cage (and out of the bowl outside of
the cage) and hiding it.  If I was a little more observant when I was
cleaning I would have noticed a hamburger squeaky toy my dogs used to
play with.  That is Sally's baby, my mom pointed it out.  She suggested
we put it in her cage so she eats more.  Well tonight I put the hamburger
in the cage and the first thing Sally does is bring over and plop it down
in the food bowl.  Next she dragged it over to the water bottle.  After
she dragged it down 3 levels to the litter box.  She then dragged it back
up 3 levels to her bed and started to arrange it how she wanted it to be.
Bear, our youngest (also the biggest and known as "fat boy"), went to
sleep in her spot.  She fought him out of the bed and when he finally
moved, she dragged her hamburger in and went to sleep.  It was soo funny
watching her lug a squeaky toy around!

Dooks and lovies
Jill, Maryanne
    &