From:
Leonard Bottleman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 1994 12:05:06 -0500
Our ferrets, Moki and Binky, reacted in similar ways the first time we
put harnesses on them.  Moki would twirl around on the ground, wrapping
the leash end of the harness around her body, then lay on the floor,
completey motionless, while glaring at us.  Binky would just freak out
and run around the house, attacking the cats (more so than usual), while
making pathetic noises.

Taking them outside put a whole new perspective on the harnesses for them:
they  only get taken out when they wear the harnesses, and they love
going out.  Once outside they completely ignore the harnesses, unless
they want to go somewhere we don't.  Now they get excited when we pull
out the harnesses, and eagerly slip their heads through the first loop.

We only spent a few dollars on our harnesses: Moki's is the typical nylon
rope harness sold for ferrets, and Binky's is of the same construct, but
sold as an iguana harness.

Leonard Bottleman       [log in to unmask]