Date:
Sun, 15 May 2005 13:02:16 -0700
Thank you everyone for responding to my post!  I am doing my best to
help everyone who emailed me in between cleaning and beading gifts for
raffles and posting on ebay to help pay for the beads! :)

I really want to thank everyone for the info here.  I have been getting
Ferrets Magazine for over a year to educate myself on ferret ownership
before I Get one.  Originally, I was going to get a ferret 2 christmases
ago, but my boyfriend realized that it would be a lot more work (and not
such a good idea) than he thought.  So, he got me a ferret book and I
got a subscription to Ferrets.

I have been compiling a list of things I need (some I have) before I get
a ferret.  I had on the list some of the items that everyone has been
discussing as bad for ferrets.  I saw them in the Ferret Depot catalogue
and never even thought they might be bad!  Thank you very much for this
information!  It is my mission to pamper and preserve my ferrets life
even before I have her.  I really appriciate the efforts to educate
people, even people who are in the know!

I dont understand why there are people arguing, though.  I know we are
but human, but we have to hang in there and educate ourselves for the
better of our animal friends.  I really enjoy a lively discussion,
though! :)

As to Petco, I know they can treat the animals they sell horribly.  The
one near my home lets Bettas rot in fungus and overfeeds or underfeeds
them.  The person in charge is quite inconsiderate and rude, as well.  I
own two bettas so this tugs at my heart strings.  There are just some
people who are so proud and cruel that they will make others suffer to
act like they are above them.

The ferrets there break my heart.  They are usually MArshall Farms (I
abhore this company above many others) and they are young and tiny.  The
customers around here are typically college students and young young
children who beg their parents for the cute fuzzy thing in the tank.

I really wish they did not sell ferrets for this reason: they are too
easy to buy on a whim.  People really do not know what they are getting
into.  I do not think that education works on everyone, sadly.  Some
people are either going to abuse their animals or are too lazy to give
time or attention to a ferret.

I also do not plan on buying from Marshall Pet PRoducts.  On their
webpage it even says that they ship out ferrets at 7 weeks of age.  I
have known too many people who get puppies, kittens, etc too young and
have severe problems with them, including disease and death.  This is
merely a ferret mill, only intent on pumping out as much money-making
flesh as they can.  I find it really sad and it makes me really want to
cry.  I try not to think of what the poor moms go through.

I do not want to sound militaristic in my views; I am also trying to
educate in my small way.  I have seen photos from animal control agents
of puppy mills and these sort of places are no place for any living
thing.  I really thank you all for YOUR educating words.

Just want to let you know that there are people out there who want to
be educated and want to share information, because it is our duty to
help those who cant help themselves.

Blessings and ferretless Dooks (until august!),
Natiffany