From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:42:31 -0600
This auction is a big one for ferrets.  We've had some filter down to
Kansas auctions.  Rusty was one, as well as Dancer and Frosty.  Rusty is
blind in one of his eyes due to physical abuse.  He is my Frito boy.
Smells like Fritos!  He was sold as an intact breeding male.... he was
already neutered though.  Frosty and Dancer are my two girls that are
filled with cancer... I remember 2 1/2 years ago when we got them.  Dancer
danced and danced and danced even though she had a spinal injury.  They
were so happy to be released from their life of abuse/neglect/loneliness.
They have been a welcome addition to my family.  That isn't to say there
wasn't work involved in gaining their trust, but it was worth every drop
of blood (mine, Lynda's, Nancy's, Donn's). :-)

Macon is a bit far from us but I'd be willing to help out somehow if
others can go.  I've never been to this auction so I don't know what
conditions the animals are kept in.  I'm going to send ferret information
to the auction address.  Others may want to too.  Who knows, maybe if it
gets too hot they won't sell ferrets anymore (well I can hope can't I).
This is our opportunity to try and make a difference for the little ones.

What are the laws in Missouri on ferrets?  Can someone check this out?

Warm hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity