From:
"The Ferret Store From NEEPS Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:36:47 -0500
Hi,

I have been following the thread on the FML about the Pets Warehouse thing.
I used to be a supervisor for UPS and by no means do they accept animals
for shipping.  The only pets that I had ever seen shipped through UPS
were FISH (which are allowed) and possibly lizards (which I THINK were
unacceptable in the UPS system, and I don't know how the shippers actually
got away with this...).  The average person has no idea how the packages
at UPS (and I'm sure Fed Ex too) are actually handled (many mechanically).
Anyone who has received packages through a parcel system should have an
idea... Look at the condition of many of the boxes that are delivered to
you, and think... "my box looks like this after 1-5 days" (but in defense
of UPS, think..  12,000,000 packages per day).  That is why packing
materials are so important.  I do think that the US Postal System will
accept live animals, but I am not sure of this... [Yes, USPS does accept
live animals.  BIG]

My point: If they really are shipping animals through UPS and Fed Ex, it
should be brought to the company's attention... AND I could be wrong, maybe
they have special clearance or arrangements to ship pets, but I really
doubt it...

Take care,

Joe
TFS