From:
SHERMAN DORN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 1994 06:11:28 -0600
Like Jill Kazsynski (sp?), we've always had problems with ferrets'
tracking litter.  Those clay bits just get stuck in the paws -- whcih
can't be comfortable for them, apart from the tracking for humans.
(Imagine if little stones got stuck between your toes every time you
used the bathroom.)  Several years ago, therefore, we switched to using
a cage with wire and paper drop underneath.  *Not* a great solution
(the feces tend to pile up on top of the wire quickly), but I can't
think of another one apart from lining a litter pan with paper and
changing it twice a day (or something equally burdensome).

So, has anyone invented a ferret flush toilet yet?

-----

"You never heard of loud stares?  You never met a ferret, then."

Sherman Dorn