From:
"Green, Kelly D" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 14:43:09 -0500
Hello everyone,
I have just been given a ferret........and oh is he a cutie:-)  He is a 3
year old male, he has the masked bandit look.......he is so adorable.  I
can't wait to show him to my two daughters (7&11).....he is going to be a
very pleasant surprise to them.  Since I found out I was getting him, I
have been reading all that I can find about ferrets and I have a few
questions.

1) What is the ferret favorite for the floor of a cage (outdoor carpet or
tile squares glued to paper bags)?  I am also open to any other suggestions

2) I live in the Cleveland Texas area, does anyone know of a vet who knows
ferrets in that area?  Or maybe Spring, Humble, or Houston area?

3) What are the required immunizations for a ferret?  The person who gave
me the ferret said that he had his initial shots when he was a baby (now
he is three),

and she does not know of any others he needs.  I believe I seen on the
internet somewhere that they should have annual K-9 rabbies shots...

Please tell me what they need....so I can take good care of him.  I've only
had him for about 5 hours now and I am totally taken with him.......lol.  I
think he will be needing a friend sometime in the near future...........:-)

5) O.K.  last of all and least important.  You may have noticed I have not
used his name throughout this message....it is because I am not too crazy
about it.  His name is Madison, o.k. it might not be that bad of a name I
just think it sounds kinda girlish.  My question here is can you change a
ferrets name?  I understand he is three and maybe it wouldn't be the best
thing to do..........I just thought I would ask about that.

Any other advice would be very much appreciated:-)

Thanks,
Kelly