From:
Todd Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 09:37:45 -0600
I think that I should have put my angora ferret Draco in the Olympics.  He
has turned out to be a champion swimmer.  One day,I had forgotten to put the
dogs' water up and I found him with his head under the water and moving it
all around like he was seriously bobbing for apples.  I had heard about
ferrets who liked to do that but I had never seen it before.  It was
bathtime so I filled the bathtub with water and added all five of my
ferrets.  I do have one ferret who likes to paddle around the tub, but I was
in no way ready for what came next.  Draco lifted his head up and dove down
into the tub.  He swam all over the tub under the water the whole time.
Then he would come up for a breath of air and dive in again.  We now call
him "the fish".  He looked just like a little otter.  Does anyone else have
ferrets who like to swim under the water?  All of my other ferrets just
tolerate the water.  Draco has turned out to be the craziest of all of my
ferrets.  He is a spazz.  :>