Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 00:01:03 -0500
My baby has a name...DERVISH!  It came to me in the middle of a speech exam
today, since she's such a little whirling dervish.

Last night she spent forever trying to get into the bathtub.  I filled it a
little ways with warm water and let her splash around.  Happy, happy
ferret!  She **loves** water...today I filled a big pot with water and ice
cubes for her to play with.  She kept stealing the ice cubes and putting
them in hidey-holes...imagine her surprise when she went back later and all
her treasures were gone!  The joke was on me, though, when I put on my
shoes to go to class...you guessed it, the insides were soaked with
freezing-cold water!  This is after she gets her nose all pink, after
sticking her head into my glass of raspberry tea!!  (Good thing I drink
sugar-free!) My roommate made the mistake of leaving a full cup of water
on the coffee table...Dervish had a smashing time knocking it over and
splashing in the puddles.  I sure am glad we use plastic cups!

She's been digging like crazy in her litter box...surely it's not from
boredom, since everyone and their brother has been over to play with her.
If she's in her cage, she's asleep or eating, and if she's out, she's
playing and romping.  I bought her some jingle balls today (don't worry, I
crunched on them with my teeth to make sure they don't break...the people
in the store sure gave me some weird looks! ;-) and she's going absolutely
MAD over them.  I'm going to string one up in her cage, which I can already
guess will drive me crazy when she plays with it at night, but as long as
she's happy...

The only problem is, she doesn't go for treats.  She's impervious to the
charms of raisins, cheerios, spaghetti, toast, fruit, veggies, and she
hasn't been still long enough to try the Ferretone (I'm trying...I put it
on the tip of her water bottle so she'd be getting her vitamin
supplements).  Most ferrets like Pounce cat treats, right?  Are they okay
in moderation?  (I know they make a crunchy variety...they're cheaper than
the ferret treats at the pet store, too.)

Uh oh.  She's sitting in the middle of the floor, giving me her innocent
look.  I'd better figure out what she just tipped over. :-)

LOVE and DOOKS to all,
Meghan (these are new socks!  why do they have holes?!?)
and Dervish (me?  maybe your roommate did it!)