From:
Lisa Hoxmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 13:44:45 -0600
Our ferrets don't really have any toys they "play" with, they just like to
take things and hide them.  Monster, our 1 year old male, has a foot fetish
and likes dolls.  He likes to hide slippers, shoes, and dolls and stuffed
animals.  Bailey, our female ferret, likes jingle balls, a racquet ball,
and newspaper ads.  She likes to take as many ads as she can and put them
under the couch.  Later, the newspapers make a great nest to sleep on.

Both ferrets just love their ferret freeway.  It's the one and only ferret
toy I ever bought and worth every penny.  And the tube seems to be a nice
hiding place to avoid being terrorized by the cat.  The other thing that
all of our animals love is plastic bags.  The bag will entertain these
ferrets for hours.  Bailey will eventually take the bag and put it under
the couch and later I will find two sleeping ferrets, under the couch,
inside the bag.  And lastly, all of our animals love to "ride the blanket".
They all jump on and we pull them around the house.  Monster likes to jump
and wardance and Bailey and Marley just hang on for the ride.

What is up with ferrets wanting to hide things?  I never did understand it.
Is this bag thing and newspaper thing a nesting instinct?  I've always
wondered what other ferret owners have thought of this behavior.

Lisa and Mike
Bailey, Monster, and Marley (the cat who thinks he's a ferret)